Friday, February 20, 2015

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lent.  Lily decided to give up Mine Craft, which is quite impressive considering how much she loves that game.  Teddy gave up soda.  I thought that was a little wimpy.  Then he had a stomach bug on Ash Wednesday and I had to run out and get him white soda so it was kinda ironic.  We try to use Lent not only as a time to give up vices (of which they have so few), but also as a time to focus on alms giving.  I have given up (or tempered) most of my vices since the start of the new year and will continue on this path so I am going to use the next 6 weeks to recommit to this and also to work on what I want to do instead of not do.

Teddy is feeling so much better.  He came downstairs yesterday morning to tell me he lost 6 pounds in the 36 hours he was unable to eat, and to ask me what was for breakfast.  And lunch.  And dinner!

A fun day with the girls Monday.  I missed my Mom, but only a little.

A night with the girls tonight.  Wine and cheese and long overdue conversation.  Four hours felt like two.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatball Subs and Sausage Kale Pasta with Red Peppers in a Light Parmesan Cream Sauce.

Reading with my girl before bed.  We just started Olive's Ocean this week.  It's sweet.

"Instructions for living a life.  Pay attention.  Be astonished.  Tell about it."  Mary Oliver.  I think that about sums it up.


My budding photographer.  She's developing a discerning eye.  I'm especially grateful for that because the film for her camera is pricey!