Friday, April 20, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Big little things. Miss Bit had an exciting case of the butterflies Thursday morning just because the second graders were going on a field trip that morning.

Hubby's grilled fajitas for more than a few meals this week. Everything tastes so good on the grill at the start of the season and these are a real treat.

We've hired a part-time nanny for the summer. The kids are so stoked to stay home instead of camp. Go figure.

The Mr. leaves this afternoon for a fishing date with his brother. I'm so glad they can spend some 1 on 1 time...it's so important.

An invitation from my aunt for Miss Bit and I to take the ferry across the lake for a weekend visit on the other shore this summer.

RLJ cancelled her recent concert. I'm grateful because I did not have tix, but if she reschedules, I surely will.

Being back in the 80's last Saturday night courtesy of the English Beat. They really rocked. It was a fun fun show.

T. Bone reconnected with a good friend he hasn't been hanging out with recently. No issues, or drama...they were both just going in different directions of late, and now they are like old times: never apart for long. I love how guys can do that with no hard feelings.

An impromptu dinner with friends this evening...so spontaneous that I literally planned the menu over this morning's coffee: caprese dip with garlic toast, risotto with peas and pancetta, greens with toasted pine nuts, olives and balsamic vinaigrette served with a montepulciano and a sangiovese all followed by gelato.

It's almost the weekend.

No comments: